Sunday, April 8, 2007

Too dependent on technology

Our inkjet printer cartridge is out of ink. Yesterday, when my husband and I were in the city we tried to get it re-filled. We went to a Walgreen's that, according to their website re-fills inkjet cartridges. They did have a machine to re-fill cartridges, but after at least 10 minutes, they decided they it couldn't handle ours (an HP #26). We tried a Comp USA about a block away, but the woman at the information desk said that they don't re-fill cartridges or sell re-furbished ones. When I get back from my business trip, I'll try Cartridge World. Hopefully, they can re-fill it.

In the meantime, I have a one-page letter that I need to send. I typed it on my laptop and since I couldn't print it at home, I printed it at the office. Tonight, I tried to prepare it for the mail, but I couldn't find it. I looked around the house for it and I started getting worried. I thought about whether I could wait until after my trip to send it. It took about 15 minutes of searching before the thought occurred to me that I could write the letter by hand.

It’s funny how we forget the basics sometimes. Fortunately I have very readable hand-writing.

No comments:

About Me

San Mateo County, California, United States
working hard and trying to live green