Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Oops

Sometimes carelessness is the mother of consumption. Usually I focus my gardening efforts on clearing the weeds around my wildflowers or watering my broccoli seedlings, but this week I've been trying to conform to the expectations of my suburban neighbors by mowing my lawn. I've never used a lawnmower myself, since I'm generally allergic to grass; but I gave it a try and all was going well until suddenly it stopped. I had run the mower over the cord and cut it in two. Fortunately, it just needs a standard outdoor extension cord, not some specialized part that they decide to discontinue in order to force you to replace the whole thing. So today, dear husband brought home a brand new extension cord. Alas, purchases sometimes happen despite my best intensions.

No comments:

About Me

San Mateo County, California, United States
working hard and trying to live green