Sunday, June 24, 2007

Seed collecting

The end of spring really is here. My farewell-to-spring is in bloom. This is the last of the major types of annual wildflowers to bloom in my garden. I've been collecting seed from flowers that came and went earlier in the season especially redmaids and meadowfoam. I've collected hundred of seeds. In a few weeks I'll be able to collect from the California poppies. I have a lot of seed pods, but they are still green. Someday, I may start up a little hobby business selling native plants (I'm frustrated by how few stores sell them). In the meantime, most of the plants will probably go into my garden until all the grass is gone and the plants are as dense as I'd like them to be. It's nice to have time on weekends to do things like this.

Unfortunately, the dandelions are everywhere and I'm so behind on pulling them. I'll try to pull a few each morning and evening on my way in and out, but I'd not know if this will be enough to keep up with this obligation.

No comments:

About Me

San Mateo County, California, United States
working hard and trying to live green